Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dragging Myself To Work

I always have initiation issues.Starting any task is always not easy for me. It doesn't matter whether it's a phone call or a presentation that I have to prepare, whether it's reading a book or even organizing my desk. As long as I have the notion of "waraya 7aga a3melha" I always postpone what it is I have to do. It's not that I don't do it eventually, but I don't start doing it until I am really option-less. I know people who think "Start doing what you have to do to get it over with". I don't think that way. The way I think is more like "Why do it now when I can do it afterwards?"

These days specifically, I have a dragging-myself-to-work problem. This is should not be the case since I very much like my new work place. It's quiet, but not boring,I am barely distracted, ,I am very productive and it is 2 minutes away from Cilantro.Why do I dread going to work every morning, I have no idea. But what I am sure of is that I go to work late from 1-2 hours everyday, just because I don't feel like it, and that I will still stay up late in any case..So, "Why go now when I'll finish what it is I have to do anyways?".


Just 2 days ago, I was up and doing some work from 4 am in the morning. When it was time to get ready for work, I got dressed up and then slept on the couch for 1 hour.I woke up, didn't like what I was wearing so I changed. This bought me another 30 minutes. I am totally aware that subconsciously, I did that so that I won't go to work on time.

When my co-worker asked me why was I late, I replied "Ra7et 3allaya nooma".



P.S:You might wonder how do I get away with going late at work.Feen el beeh el modeer? Well, the thing is he told us that there is no "strict" office hours.He doesn't come every day and when he does, it's not before 3. But theoretically speaking, we should come from 9 to 5.

No comments: